For the 2nd year in a row, I have not come across a disk strong enough that I would qualify as ‘CD of the Year’.
Many releases had good aspects, but nothing that stood out so much that I went ‘WOW’.
But there are some disks that had really outstanding music, so I’ll do a top song list – in no particular order:
- Losing Touch – the Killers
- Juliet of the Spirits – the B-52’s
- I Will Possess Your Heart – Death Cab for Cutie
- Mercy – Duffy
- 24 Hour Break Up Session – Local H
- Human – the Killers
- Love Runs Deeper – Lindsey Buckingham
- U Want Me 2 – Sarah McLachlan
- Sex on Fire – Kings of Leon
- Great Beyond – Aimee Mann
- Supernatural Superserious – R.E.M.
- Cowboys – Counting Crows
What’d I miss? What would you have included?